Monday 6 August 2018

Review: Bittersweet Always

Bittersweet Always Bittersweet Always by Ella Fields
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

"Million yeahs" stars!

“You invaded something inside me the minute I saw you, and you haven’t left since.”


This book was so overwhelming that I felt my heart squeeze with pain.
With a bipolar sister, I know how it can be hard and challenging to convince her to take the pills, deal with her moods and help her control the anger.

I loved this book because it affected me and gave me hope that people with mental illness get over their demons.

Presenting a character with a mental illness in such a skilled, beautiful and so natural way proves that Ella Fields knows what she's doing and doing it pretty well.

Pippa and Toby's story wasn't an easy one because when you choose someone with such a challenging illness, you have to know that there would be ups and downs and only love and patience would help you go through it.

“I want you to breathe me, to inhale to thoughts of me, and for you to exhale anything that stops me from overtaking every part of you. I want …” His breath stuttered, head rising to rest his forehead on mine. “To do to you exactly what you’ve done to me.”

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment