Friday 26 January 2018

Review: Thrive

Thrive Thrive by Aly Martinez
My rating: 0 of 5 stars

DNF

description


You know when you're the only person who doesn't see the beauty of a book while others keep praising it...

God! I feel like I really need to hide..

Me right now!

description


I like author Aly Martinez a lot, and though Thrive was a book full of wrongs, bad choices and hard limits especially cheating which I HATE, I couldn't pass out the opportunity to read it.

I just wished it would be worth the painful sacrifice.

It WASN'T!

Kurt and Jeremy were best friends until Mira.

“I didn’t think I could take her. I had taken her. Numerous times. And, right then, I wasn’t leaving until I’d taken her from him permanently. Yeah. I knew the rules. Technically, you weren’t supposed to fall in love with your best friend’s girl. But, if we’re talking technicalities, he wasn’t supposed to be cheating on her every time his dick got hard, either.”

In another life she was supposed to meet Jermey first.
In another life she was supposed to fall in love with him first.
In another life they would have been soul mates.

What are again the reasons why they aren't together in this life?!

No body knows.

I wanted to like and finish Thrive no matter what, but when the story became too much for me to handle, I put it down, made some tea and moved on.

description

Why I hated Thrive!

✔ Kurt was in love with Mira but cheated on her EVERY weekend!

Can you believe that?

✔ Mira was in love with Kurt but cheated on him with his best friend Like EVERY day.

How is that supposed to make me LOVE her?

✔ Kurt is Jermey's BEST friend but this wasn't enough for him to not cheat on his friend and sleep with his girlfriend for six WHOLE months.

Hello frienship!

✔ Mira was brutally abused by her Mom's boyfriend but was totally ok with it! In her defence she didn't have a place to stay.

“I rolled my eyes. “Could you possibly be a little more dramatic here? He slapped me.”

What drove me up a wall is that her loving boyfriend was okay with the bruises on her face and body.

Yeah, you heard right!

description


This review reflects my thoughts/point of view about the book. I like Aly Martinez. I love her books, and though this book didn't work for me I will definitely read her upcoming releases.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment