Sunday 20 March 2016

Fifty Shades of Grey from my Point Of View!!

Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades, #1)Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James


I was not sure whether I should read this book or not because there was so much debate about it. So, I decided to watch the movie instead. Producers have that touch of transforming something scary into a sexy and beautiful thing.

description


I'm not into the spanking and the commander-submissive kind of relationships and I don't see why people should hurt each other to pleasure themselves.

description

When I was in high school, I had to write an article to the school magazine about "Self-defeating personality disorder" or Masochism. I made a lot of researches and came up with a good article but since then I've never discussed the topic with anybody because it affected me and scared me to the death.

The masochistic/sadistic behaviour is so weird and I couldn't understand why people should subject themeselves and others to pain so as to reach their Euphoria.

description

I saw the movie and I could understand through Christian that those people have their reasons for such weirdness and strange behaviour.

And then,

I decided to listen to the audiobook version. I wanted to loose myself to the soft voice of Becca and try to understand Christian, though he was a work of fiction and E l James was good at creating wonderful fiction guys.

I wanted badly to see through those people to get to know them.

Yes, they scare me to death

Because back in high school, The English teacher who was responsible for the magazine told me that we all have that sadist/masochist behaviour hidden in some part of our subconscious.

I never had the chance to see if what my teacher said back then was true and I have no intentions to do it now but I'm sure as hell that it is not true.

I'm NOT going to write a review because there are more than 72000 reviews on Goodreads. I'm just sharing some my teenage worries about a topic that was and is still a taboo in my country.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment