Sunday 6 August 2017

Review: Everything, Everything

Everything, Everything Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 I'm falling madly in love with this book stars!

***Spoiler alert #1***

“The greatest risk is not taking one.”

descriptionMADELINE’S DICTIONARY
ob•ses•sion (əbˈseSHən) n. pl. -s. 1. acute (and completely justifiable) interest in something (or someone) acutely interesting. [2015, Whittier]”



description


“You’re different than I thought you’d be,” I blurt out.
He grins and a dimple forms just under his right eye.
“I know. Sexier, right? It’s OK, you can say it.”
I guffaw. “How do you manage to carry around an ego that size and weight?”
“It’s the muscles,” he shoots back, flexing his biceps and raising a single comical eyebrow.”


***Spoiler alert #2***

“The Ocean scares Olly.”


description




“You hate the ocean?”
He’s grinning now, warming to his topic. “I don’t hate it. I respect it.” He holds up a single finger. “Respect. It’s Mother Nature at her finest—awesome, beautiful, impersonal, murderous. Think about it: All that water and you could still die of thirst. And the whole point of waves is to suck your feet from under you so that you drown faster. The ocean will swallow you whole and burp you out and not notice you were even there.”


***Spoiler alert #3***

“Life is a gift. Do not waste it!”

description


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment