Saturday 26 August 2017

Review: Absinthe

Absinthe Absinthe by Winter Renshaw
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 heartbreaking stars!

“I don’t have a story. I’m just the girl that nobody ever wanted.”

I hate it when a book makes me cry because reading books, especially contemporary romance is supposed to make you live happily ever afters you don't get to live. Turns out even works of fiction have the ability to break your heart.


I don't think I will ever be able to forget Halston aka Absinthe. She was may be the most broken soul I've ever met in a book and yet she was strong, determined and beautiful inside and out.

“You shouldn’t idealize anyone. That’s how people get hurt. Hearts get broken.”...
“You’re giving yourself too much credit, Kerouac,”I say, trying to cover the quick bruising of my ego...“You’re just a voice on the other end of a phone. A faceless man with a dirty mind and a love of books. I might be in love with the idea of you, but trust me, you could never break me.”
Many have tried.
None have succeeded.”


When Ford Hawthorne logged in the anonymous dating app Karma under the name Kerouac, he never thought he would meet a woman quoting F. S. Fitzgerald. Sure that they would never meet in real life, Kerouac shared all his fantasies with Absinthe including the way he would devour her.

“I’ll fuck you like the dirty girl you are, demanding your silence and commanding your body in ways no other man has done before.”

But they would never meet in real life. Right?

“Absinthe: ...If we ever fuck in real life, I’m not going to lie in your arms and cry because the experience moved my world. I’d probably climb off you, wipe your sticky semen out of my pristine vagina, and make myself a sandwich in your kitchen wearing your shirt.
Kerouac: We’re never going to fuck in real life, so …”


Life never goes as we wish and love no matter how beautiful, it breaks our hearts, destroys our souls and sometimes even our lives.

“I may have loved that woman once, but that was a lifetime ago—before she destroyed me.”

This book is a real must read. Can't have enough words to fully describe how much I loved it.

“All I ever wanted was to be yours,”she says. “I’ve waited and waited—just like you asked me to. And I think …one night with you would be better than never being with you at all.”





View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment