Friday 7 April 2017

Review: The Brave Line

The Brave Line The Brave Line by Kate Stewart
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

description


“She is a five foot seven long list of things he can’t have.”





I was married to a cop and I know how things work, how much they sacrifice their lives to save others and how often they put themselves in danger with each shift.
I really know how a simple 10-42 is a new beginning to both men in uniforms and their beloved ones.

Rowdy is an honorable sergeant who takes his job with seriousness. Mixing work with pleasure was never on his agenda until a green eyed mysterious beauty was ready for some no strings attached pleasure.

“See something you like, sergeant?”
“You look beautiful tonight,” I said in the most unaffected voice I could muster.
“Thanks for noticing,” she said as she began to slide past me in the small amount of space available.
“I’ve always noticed.” That was my cock speaking. It happens.


Rowdy learned how hard it is to loose someone you loved and how damaged you'll ever be after the loss. Committing to someone was a line he would never cross and before pursuing the attraction between him ad Michelle, he had to make her understand the rules.

“I don’t fuck and fall in love, no matter how good it feels.”
I rolled my eyes as he made a quick move and gripped my face firmly. His eyes were dead serious. “Tell me you heard me.”
I’d only daydreamed of being that close to him since the bachelor party. He was ruining my fantasy with honesty. I needed it to last. Just one more night.
“I heard you the first time.”


Rowdy thought that Michelle would be another name on his black book, but the more time he spent with her, the more he knew that behind the crazy facade there was a strong woman full of life, warmth and ready to fight back and move on from her pain unscathed.

“There was always a moment when a woman transforms from hot and fuckable to warm and beautiful. Michelle had just unknowingly become that warmth in front of me.”

Being a dispatcher for Michelle was not only a job that pays the bills, it was her way of making a change, saving lives and getting over the pain her ex inflected. Falling in love with sergeant Randall Owen Day was a live proof that life goes on. Michelle knew that what she shared with Rowdy wasn't a happily ever kind of things and that she would be hurt again but sometimes love is worth the pain...


“The truth is, everyone is going to hurt you. You just have to find the ones worth suffering for.”


Reading The Brave Line is a real example of how men in uniforms live, fight to survive, save people and save their souls from the cruelty they face each day.


description


The Brave Line is about surviving pain and learn how to move with it and not from it. It's about the power of love and how it heals wounds and bring hope.

“I swear to God, the only thing I want to protect now is you. I’d go to war for you. I’d fight every goddamn battle for you even though you don’t need me to.”

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment