Thursday 20 April 2017

Review: Trophy Wife

Trophy Wife Trophy Wife by Alessandra Torre
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 thanks-to-those-who-encouraged-Alessanda-to-rewrite-this-series stars!


I swear to God, I wanted to hate this book, tried to hate Nathan and Candace because their story was f*cked up, angsty and hurtful and because whenever cheating and love triangles are involved, the book is a DNF for me, but I miserably failed to.

And here I am rating this book with 5 stars + swooning over the story and giving Nathan and Candy excuses to why they behaved with such ferocious insanity.

Nathan Dumont..

I swear I wanted to strangle the bastard and squeeze some sense into him but at the same time I felt I needed to hug him, comfort him and tell him that everything is gonna be alright.

Turned out I'm more f*cked up than Alessandra's characters.

Candace Tapers...

For me, she was a failure who chose to pay her bills through stripping and giving blow jobs instead of working hard to use her degree.

Do I hate her?

F*ck no.

Do I have the right to judge her?

NOT when one of my best friends is a prostitute, and believe me even if you don't and you ever decide to read Candace's story I'm sure you won't.



The first time Candace Tapers wasn't chosen for her stripping skills, she was stripped from her dignity, her freedom, her heart and her sanity.


“Lust is a dangerous thing. It can seduce your mind and lead it blindfolded to the cliff that will be its demise. Nathan takes me to that cliff, my body bending and molding beneath his, my heart coming up for air in between soft caresses with his mouth while his cock hammers out a slick, rapid motion.”


description



Signing a deal with the devil should've showred her with glamour but instead it soaked her in pain.

“He lives for her, works for her, breathes for her, loves for her. There is no one else in his world, no room for anyone else in his heart. I should have known, should have stopped my heart from skipping down fairytale lane, planting expectations, hopes and dreams that will never receive any nourishment.”

If you've read any of Alessandra Torre's books you should know by now that she isn't that author who writes a story with a plain plot, a climax and a happy ending, she's an author who puts you on the edge of a cliff and asks you to jump with her, live every emotionl moment of the story and cross fingers for events to reach the end that would give you the euphoric satisfaction after the jump.

as much as it's painful heartbreaking and hurtful with moments you would want to erase, Trophy Wife is a book that is strong enough to mark your soul and make you seek exceptions to give Nathan and Candace some room into your heart.

description


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment