Sunday 25 September 2016

RoomHate by Penelope Ward

RoomHateRoomHate by Penelope Ward
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4 Bumblebee stars!

I'm a huge fan of Penelope Ward. Her books are amazing and her characters are always sexy, funny and hot as hell.

I won't say that I was fully satisfied with the story of RoomHate. There were times where I felt frustrated and angry that I wanted to punch both Amelia and Justin for their stupidity.

A decade ago, Amelia found out that her mother was having an affair with Justin's father. She felt betrayed by her mother for sleeping with her best friend's father and by Justin for hiding it from her.
After the scandalous discovery, Amelia decided to go live with her father leaving an angry and heartbroken Justin to deal with her loss.

“You were always there... until you weren't anymore. Losing you taught me not to count on anyone but myself. It shaped who am I today... and that's not necessarily a good thing.”

After ten years of no see, and now stuck in a house they both inherited, Amelia had to deal with Justin's anger and mean attitude toward her and the noise he and his girlfriend make through the night.

Living together taught them that the feelings they have for each other never died.

“I never stopped loving you. There may have been times I tried to hate you, but even then, I never stopped loving you.”

But they now have their new lives and Justin wasn't ready to give Amelia a second chance even at true friendship. But when a small Bea smiled to him he realized how much precious Amelia and her daughter are.

“Bea, thank you for teaching me that sometimes the thing we fear more than anything, is really what our soul craves the most.”

As much as I felt frustrated with some events, the story was heartwarming and the spark between Justin and Amelia was really worth the frustration.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment