Friday 12 May 2017

Review: Wrong Turn, Right Direction

Wrong Turn, Right Direction Wrong Turn, Right Direction by Elle Casey
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

2,5 stars!

This was a challenging read. Had to take some time with self to come up with a reasonable review...

This was my first book to Elle Casey.
When I read the blurb, I immediately downloaded the book without any hesitation.

I really tried to like Wrong Turn, Right Direction, but we just didn't click together and I couldn't for the life of me connect with the characters or the story.

Tamika was working as a book-keeper for a Russian gangster called Pavel.
Having enough of the monster who destroyed her life, she decided to turn him in, send him behind the bars and live peacefully in another state.
On her way from the Police station, Mika took a wrong turn that would totally change her life.

Nearly crashing Thibault Delacroix's knee wasn't something she was ready to admit to the arrogant sexy jerk. It wasn't her fault he crossed the street while looking at his phone.

"I might’ve made a wrong turn, but he’s the dummy who walked out into the road without looking. It’s his fault he’s hurt, not mine."

Soon the angry exchanges between the two about whose fault the accident was, was going to be forgotten when they both realised that Mika was going into labour.

Surprise!

Who'd have known the bug that was driving her up the wall was non than her unknown baby...

description

Mika's life wasn't easy. Losing her family, having to work as a prostitute then being raped and abused by her tyrant employer and other men in her life made her have trust issues.

"I’ve always noticed men’s hands for some reason. Maybe because they’ve often been used against me, so I have to keep an eye on them."

Being taken care by a total stranger was new to her. Her life was already messed up but with the her newborn baby and her maniac of an employer was looking for her, things became more than she could handle.

When Thibault helped Mika give birth to her child, he felt a sort of a connection with her. Helping damsels in distress was his speciality. But the more time Thibault spent with Mika, the more he wanted her. And that in itself was driving him crazy because the last thing he wanted was a relationship that would complicate his life.


I don't know about other people but this book wasn't fun to read. It just wasn't my cup of tea.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment