Thursday 31 January 2019

Review: Pricked

Pricked Pricked by Winter Renshaw
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋

Brighton


“I'd love a good break. Something to snap me in two. Something that floods my veins with so much emotion, I become physically ill. I'd love to step out of this protective bubble where I never have to worry about a thing, never have to want. Never have to need or worry or fear or miss out on any of life's grand opportunities. That's not real life. I want heartbreak.

Madden


“Someone told me once that the way a heart breaks depends on how hard it was dropped. Some breaks are clean—and some shatter, sending millions of shards everywhere, shards so small you can’t see them ……but you always feel them. My god, do you feel them.”



A pampered very sheltered princess and the brooding tattoo artist should never come in the same sentence, add some demons and sins from the past and everything is doomed, yet Madden and Brighton with a chemistery to light a block succeeded to kindle the flame and defy the norms but on one condition...

“Don’t fall in love with me.”...“I’m not kidding, Brighton. I need you to promise that if you start feeling something toward me, we’ll end this. Immediately. No questions asked.” “I promise,” I say. “And for the record, I’ve kept every promise I’ve ever made.”

From the moment I read Absinthe ,which by the way was my very first book to Winter Rainshaw, I fell in love with her books and here I am witnessing another strong male falling to his knees a d breaking his own rule..

“You so like me, Ransom,” she says as I carry her back to my GTO. “It’s okay if you can’t admit it yet.” Yet. Even if I did like her, I’d never admit it to anyone. Not her. Not even myself.”


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment