Monday 28 January 2019

Review: Down We'll Come, Baby

Down We'll Come, Baby Down We'll Come, Baby by Carrie Aarons
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

4,5 crying_buckets stars!


“I always think about white roses at a funeral. White roses mean someone has died,” Imogen murmurs to herself. Her green eyes look up into mine, and I want to erase every disaster that has happened to us. But I can’t. So I reply with the only truth I know. “Haven’t we?”

Down We'll Come Baby is my first ride on the Carrie Aarons train of emotion and God, this story was so painfully heartbreaking.

I had three miscarriages and two failed IVF attempts, I dealt with the needles and pills, I endured the wait, the hurt and the loss. So, yeah I know how a real heartbreak feels.

“I will never be the person I was before that day; the loss of our baby changed my makeup. That kind of loss, the kind that rearranges your brain cells and guts half your organs … a person cuts out a part of themselves to recover from that kind of tragedy.”

As much as angsty this book was, and as much as I sometimes hated the way Imogen treated Theo I couldn't but love their story and feel my heart breaks all over again. Theo and Imogen journey was tough and heartbreaking but sometimes God sends you miracles and signs to tell to never give up.

description

“Let me love you and support you for the both of us”

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment