Tuesday 17 July 2018

Review: Disgrace

Disgrace Disgrace by Brittainy C. Cherry
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 'always and always' stars!


“If you ever fall in love again, please let it be with me.”

Good God! This book made me feel things I didn't want to feel.

description

I HAVE A RULE.
Whenever cheating is involved, I just give up on the book and move on to the next. I had my share of that in my life and there are memories you no longer want to revisit not even in a work of fiction, but there was something about this book that got to me from the moment Grace started to think about the suitcases. I needed to know her story and feel her pain.

“Any woman who’d ever lost a child knew of the hollowness that remained within the soul.”

With three miscarriages in six years of marriage, I know how it is to be in agony, how hard it is to watch kids play in the parks calling their mommies and smiling at them, how lonely you can feel even when surrounded by many people, especially when the love of your life is not there for you which I'm grateful isn't my case.


“You build your whole life around another person, and you think you’ll never be alone again, but then you are. It’s the hardest feeling to deal with. Loneliness hurts. It burns in a way that feels worse than fire.”


I loved Grace and Jackson. They were two opposites brought together by loneliness and grief.


“Out of everyone in town, I knew my heart most closely resembled the monster who I’d been told was nothing but darkness. That was what I craved. I wanted to sit in the dark and be okay with my feelings. I wanted to bathe in the darkness and let go of the light. I wanted to be free to feel whatever I wanted to feel without the fear of others’ judgments being placed upon me. I wanted to be free. If only for one night…”


I'm certain everybody agrees that what Finn made Grace go through was awful, and I believe that the things Grace did were wrong because you never start a new chapter before closing the previous one. But I also believe that some things are just meant to happen and some broken souls need broken souls to heal.

“Princess?”
“Yes, Oscar?”
“You make it really hard.”
“For what?”
“For me to hate the whole world.””



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment