Wednesday 14 March 2018

Review: My Torin

My Torin My Torin by K. Webster
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐“I just need to breathelicktastetouchsmellfeel her”stars!

descriptionFairy tales always have a villain.

description




The first thing that came to my mind after reading My Torin is Messed-Up but then messed up is the middle name of K. Webster's works.

description

Tyler...

descriptionI love you, Casey. You need to hear that. I know you’ll never be mine, not like that, but you can be mine like this. Just for a little while.” Tears streak down my temples. “Just for a little while.”

Torin...

descriptionEvery molecule in my body wants you. The buzzing that maddens me is always silent in your presence. You’re like snow, Casey. Not the snow outside, but the snow on a bad television station. Loud. Scratchy. Deafening. But it’s consistent and calming. I find myself wanting to sit right in front of you and stare. I want to stare and stare and fucking stare.”

Casey...

description

If you ask me why I did give this book 5 stars! Believe me, I don't have the answer to that, because this story was everything I hate in romance and yet It was exactly what I hoped for.

descriptionShe’s a drug you want to snort and get hooked on.


Casey Doe or Cocaine Casey -as the media preferred to call her- was brought to The Kline boys first as a promise and then as a gift.

descriptionI brought her here for Torin, but I didn’t realize I found her for me too. The affection. The talks. The eye contact.

What I loved most about this book was the videos at the end of the story and the article that made sure to tackle all the aspects I didn't know about autistic people and feelings..

I feel like I need to tell people so much about this book and how fabulous and hopeful it was but words don't seem to give it what it really deserves.

So if autism is a subject that affects you, please read this book. I won't promise perfection because nothing is, but in its ugly, messed up and painful way My Torin is a book worth reading.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment