Tuesday 25 September 2018

Review: The Truth About Us

The Truth About Us The Truth About Us by Aly Martinez
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

⭐4 stars⭐


“Lies were light and fluffy. Made to order. Easy to digest. Impossible to hold on to.
But the truth was dense. A boulder made of magnets, the Earth being the north to its south. The truth could crush a person with nothing more than reality.”


Have I mentioned how much I hate duets and trilogies?!
I remember I did. Because, God's honest truth, I always feel that there would be thousands of pages and pains before the happy sigh of a promised epilogue.

Yeah, silly..

I know, but the happy endings feed the crashed romantic beast in me and give it hope..

The truth About Us and while it's not as breathtaking as the previous book, was a piece of art that I'm so lucky got to read.


“Yes, I omitted a lot of stuff about my past and even lied to you about my motives. But every smile. Every laugh. Every kiss. Every touch. That was me. That was us. And that was the truth.”“Maybe. But that’s the thing about lies, Penn. They taint the truth until you have no idea what to believe.”



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment