Saturday 18 November 2017

Review: Drive

Drive Drive by Kate Stewart
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 heart ripping stars!

Before I purchased this book, I read some reviews because I really wanted to see what I'm getting myself into.

All the reviewers agreed that Drive was heartbreaking, full of angst, made most of the readers 'ugly' cry and the worst of all, it's a "love-triangle" story which is a deal breaker for me

And though I knew that Drive would be more than I could handle, I went for it, and here I am, nursing a broken heart and feeling like I need to crawl out of my skin to undo the hurt I felt living the story of Stella, Nate and Reid.

Drive was...

Love

descriptionLove doesn’t die, even when you stop feeding it. There is no expiration date on the ache of missing someone you shared your heart, life, and body with.”

Heartache

descriptionWhat was it about a woman’s psyche that refuses to let us ignore the old aches, the ancient pains, and the memories of the men we bind ourselves to?

Music.

descriptionEveryone, at some point in their life, breathes and grieves through song, but for me, it was daily therapy.


Confusion.

description“You fuck me up, here,” he said hoarsely, and then put my hand flat on his chest and wordlessly pressed it there. Gripping the hem of my T-shirt, he tossed the material onto my chest before he ripped away my shorts and ruined panties. “You exhaust me. You make me tired, Stella, so fucking tired. I want you and I want to do it right, but I’m so annoyed right now. All I want to do is make you wet and fuck you until it hurts.”

God, this story so messed up, so confusing but so beautiful it hurt.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment