Thursday 29 August 2019

Review: Broken Knight

Broken Knight Broken Knight by L.J. Shen
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 heart wrecking stars!

“The heart doesn’t ask for permission to feel things. It simply feels.”


When you finish a book and you feel like you really need a session with a therapist, you know that said book and said story will always stay with you and hold a part of your heart.

“Most kids liked fighting each other. Not me. I only wanted to hurt myself. When my body ached, my heart didn’t. Simple math, and a pretty good deal.”



No words would do Broken Knight justice and I don't know how I would do this without spoiling what definitely shouldn't be spoiled.

When L.J. Shen said that she poured all her heart into this book, she didn't lie because this book as angsty as it may be, it will abso-fucking-lutely rip your soul and wreck your heart.

“Moonshine,” he whispered. “You fill up the empty, dark space—like the moon owns the sky. It is quiet. It is bright. It doesn’t need to be a ball of flame to be noticed. It simply exists. It forever glows.”

If you have enjoyed Leigh's previous books especially the hotholes, wait until you read Broken Knight. This book was overwhelming, I read it twice in one week and couldn't feel I've had enough of it.

“The first words she ever speaks to me in her life, and she decides to break my heart with them. For the longest time, I wished I could unthink you. Unlove you. Unbreathe you. I think I finally can.”

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment