Thursday 14 February 2019

Review: Kill Switch

Kill Switch Kill Switch by Penelope Douglas
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5+++++ stars!

description

“Can you be gentle?” she asked, tears in her throat. I shook my head, still not looking at her. “I don’t do gentle,” I said. “But God, baby, you are tearing me apart right now.”



My heart! My freaking heart!

description

This book ruined me.

R.U.I.N.E.D me.

It f@cking hurt in the all the good places and I just can't get enough. I knew Damon's story was going to be heart wrecking but I never thought in all the time I spent impatiently waiting for his story to come that the wrecking would be this damaging, this painful and this shattering.

“I’m out of my own control, Winter,” he said, not explaining any further. “There are no choices. We are who we are, and we do what we do. It’s nature. Like game pieces, I will play my part, because I can’t resist. I can’t be what I’m not.”

You would think that after reading Kai's story, there was no way you would want anything to do with Damon. His cruelty, psychopathic behavior and self destruction were horribly unimaginable but then you get a glimpse of the unlucky little boy he once was and that's it...

You fall hard...

You fall fast...

And you know there is no going back.

“Can you show me red?” I asked. I didn’t want the night to end. He paused for a moment and then whispered over his shoulder. “Someday.” “Are you still going to hurt me?” I joked. But he paused again, his whisper barely audible. “Someday,” he said.”


description


“that’s what red feels like. Anger and fury and heat and need so strong you’re a fucking animal, Winter. It’s primal.”

This book is not made for people who are looking for sunshines and rainbows, this book is made for people who roar, people who aren't afraid to step out of their comfort zones and see sensuality in its sinful moments, hatred in its ugliest shape and love in its purest form.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment